Latest Bloggings

Monday, January 28, 2008

Hongkee Cowtueeer is here...

This morning makan at Prince Café… in Metro Prima near Kepong. Guys for those of you young at heart and typical Hongkee fan, if you don’t know where is Metro Prima is, you will want to know by the end of this blog entry. This place, conveniently located near where I stay has begun mushrooming with all sorts of “char chan teng”, food outlets catering to the very much young Hongkee loving crowd.

Was just there last night as we stopped at a little “tong sui” shop serving icy delights. We dived into a couple of shaved ice mango and strawberry and cheese concoction. Definitely taste better than it sounds.

But, you know the typical Hongkee mix of oriental food trying to climb up a notch by reinventing itself with western favourites..? Well, it’s everywhere here!

For Sunday brunch, we ended up at Prince Café (Bistro opens at night) and had our typical Hongkee meal.

There’s my favourite milky ice tea!









And then the wonderful aroma of pork chop burger… chu pa pao… (did I spell it right?) Almost as good as Kim Gary’s but just lacking in some secret ingredient for that magic..


And thick toast curry, which wasn’t that hot because it was too hot and spicy and salty!… J


Anyway, they have regular shows (like these Sunboyz… they are not from Sunway are they?... mpph…) , which I think should be like their outlet in SS2. Never been to that one before, wouldn’t know…

Mmpph… honestly, I have come to enjoy the Hongkee coutueeer… I guess what I like about it is the feeling of being at a foreign place yet the experience is right on our doorsteps. (and near our homes). You kind of feel “young” when you are surrounded by these teenagers (who seem to have all the time in the world to work and hang out at places like these)

I really do suggest you all drop by and have a look for itself. If I am feeling particularly generous, call me and the meal would be on me!

No comments:

My Flickr