Latest Bloggings

Monday, December 31, 2007

Progress with Aquarium No 4

Okay, I got excited today and went ahead with getting some more stuff for Aquarium 4. Changed my mind about the swamp idea. Perhaps that will be Aquarium 5.. next project. Okay, so today I bought black aquarium substrate to add the the whole "sleek" effect.

At breakfast today, I walked across the street to a chinese wholesale mart and found a bunch of "orange" coloured PVC aquarium plant decor. They were cheap and perfect! (RM1.60) per set. I bought 5.

The little stones I had from before. I had use them from in the garden. I just picked out the "whitest" ones.

It took me a while to rearrange the 3 pieces of bog wood before I could place the rest of the decor. The plants were easy. My only issue with them was that because they were factory made, they came in all the same height. I might have to do some DIY and cut and glue some of those.

The stones were afterthoughts as I realised something was missing. The white against the black was absolutely beautiful and "zen" like. They added little highlights to the substrate landscaping. You almost feel like wanting to walk around them.

I'm keeping silver dollar and barbs in this tank so I don't think they will be moving the ornaments around much.

Anyway, let's recap how much I spent on this tank:
  1. Pump - RM20
  2. Bogwood 3 pieces - RM18
  3. Black Substrate (RM3 x 5pkts) - RM15
  4. The plastic aqua plants - RM8
  5. The stones - free
GRAND TOTAL - RM61

That's a bloody fine deal, to beautify and enhance a room, if you ask me! The trickling water sounds, coupled with the slow playful movement of the fishes are very calming.

No comments:

My Flickr