Latest Bloggings

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Another Aquarium to my Collection

Okay, those of you who know me well, know that I am obsessed and passionate about my fishes and their habitat... my collection of aquariums.

Well, today I just added another one to my collection of 3. That makes it 4 now. Wait, before you start to say "that's all?" Just remember I started to take care and consideration into my aquarium only about 2 months ago. Tank No 1 actually had came with us from our apartment and moved with us. That was after a period of 2 years, without any fishes. (I had 2 tanks with Flower Horn and 1 large Balinese bowl filled with Japanese Carp at the time, which I had to release due to us moving to our apartment at the time).

Well, now that we are in a bigger place, I am starting it again. Despite what some of you may think, it's not as hard to keep fishes. Here are a list of fishes I am keeping:

  1. Aquarium No 1 - Goldfish, Carassius auratus (the shortailed version) - my friendliest bunch of fishes yet, I guess maybe it's because they moved with us from our apartment and they've known us for about a year and half now
  2. Aquarium No 2 - Parrot fish - still scared of us. Runs and hide everytime I come near. Must tell Celeste NOT to knock on the tank! But, I've given up on landscaping the tank as these little smartass fishes wants to do it their way ALL the time!!! *sigh* (err.. edit: Did I just type "runs and hide"?... *tsk* *tsk*)
  3. Aquarium No 3 (11 litre tank) - Neon & Emperor Tetras with a couple of Golden Dwarf suckers - my pride as it's the first tank that I really took care in decorating.
  4. Aquarium No 4 (30 litre tank) - Silver Dollars - Tank is currently undergoing new tank treatment
I love small fishes and I'd hate to have to take care of large fishes as they are too much hassle. Well, my prime consideration is actually the aquarium itself rather than the type of fishes I keep inside.

Right now, I am concentrating on tank No 3 and 4 cause they're in my room. Well, I am quite done with Tank No 3. Maybe just some slight adjustments here and there. This tank was meant to be small and decorative with all 4 sides uncovered for a see-through effect as it sits on my home office table. The concept is a Miniature Chinese Garden. And it's looking a bit like that now.

I'm going with a different style for tank No 4. It's going to be more like a Miniature Swamp. Right now, the pictures you see is of me conditioning the new tank and the bog wood. But, eventually I am going to reduce the water by half, add more bog wood, plant some moss on the wood and cascade the water from the top likea little waterfall. I'd transfer my silver dollars and perhaps add a couple of Gouramis for the tropical effect, but not too many, max 6 fishes.

Okay, that's all I got to report for now... I'll post some pics of Tank No 1 and No 2 soon...

If you're a fish or aquarium fan, let me know yeah!!!

AQUARIUM NO 3


AQUARIUM NO 4

No comments:

My Flickr