Latest Bloggings

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Weekly Hellos to Singapore

Travelling for work is NO JOKE...

Honestly, when you think about travelling for work in the beginning, it seems like a novelty... yeah... "LOOK!!! I am travelling again...".  Seriously, that statement leads to some more sighs Whew than smiles Happy...

Okay, hmm.. the last one month.. starting from end of March, I've been clocking my travelers miles with weekly meetings in Singapore, 2-3 days at a time.  Ok, ok... doesn't seem far to travel but when you think about flying, check-in, waiting, flight, with total waiting and traveling time of 4 hours one way and 4 hours back, that's 8 hours spent commuting!!!

If its driving, that's the same number of hours.

... wait a minute... hmm.. I just realised that if some of you reads this and thinks that I am complaining, trust me, I'm not... hehehe... Just had to stress that it's NO JOKE, that's all.

Well, I do miss my wife and daughter while I am away, but it's great that they both understands (well, my daughter is trying to) but it's a whole new way of working for me and for them.  It's seasonal but having to commute actually does give me more appreciation to those who need to do this on a weekly ritual for the entire span of their working career.  I am also curious to find out the common practices of such business commuters.

Well, the Bali trips are just starting but, it'll just be for another 2 trips or so...

Need to sort out my traveller's pack.....

No comments:

My Flickr