Latest Bloggings

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Making New "Sounds"

Ah... having time of your own...

Guys, once you realise your life begin to resemble an old record, not that an old record sounds any bad, songs which you play back so often you begin to hum it all the time even when you don't think about it... So, when your life does begin to resemble it, you realise you gotta add a few notches in it to carve out "new sounds". 

Well, my new sounds have been my gym time and karaoke... YES!... you've heard about my gym time but Karaoke? Go ahead, laugh or smile or whatever you may be doing now...

But you know what?... I realise when you physically have to do something which requires some kind of effort or skill... be it aiding your health and fitness... you feel good and in this case, putting your vocal cords to work, you feel great!

It's something you can say "HEY!  I'm doing something which I can try to get better at!!!"

So people... I'm singing.

karaoke_card

Honestly, I'm a lousy singer... but that isn't important (perhaps it is important to whoever happens to be at karaoke with me at the time because it's a matter of "survival"... my voice may kill... yes... do laugh again... ;-)...) Well... what's important is that I really enjoy that little "my" time.

I used to wonder why people sing at karaoke.  I even think it's corny... well, call me corny, but I just realise what the Japanese had thought about when they first invented this little idea.

At the gym, there are no phones, computer, work, or worries.  There's just you and what you can do.

At karaoke, it's the same (I make it a point to switch off my phone)... There's just you and how you sing.

It's bliss I tell you...

No comments:

My Flickr